Cyclones can hit you anytime, especially in India; cyclones peak between September and December, depending on your region. Sometimes these seasons turn from drizzles to heavy floods, which remains a tug of war between fleet operators and nature every year.
We all know that the annual cyclone season is soon approaching, and we must ensure our fleet of transport vehicles are in prepared shape. So here, let’s get to know some helpful tips on how you can prepare your fleet for the upcoming cyclone season.
Tip 1: Concentrate On Fuel
It is always a good idea to have extra fuel in your pocket to tackle certain unexpected incidents during cyclone season. Some regions might have severe impacts by cyclones like landfalls, roadblocks, etc., or even fuel suppliers may run out of fuel, or the fuel price might haunt you, so to tackle these impacts having extra fuel in your hands is going to help you.
It is really important to focus on your fuel during a cyclone season. But, is there any way to monitor and save fuel consumption in your fleet? Here goes the fuel monitoring solution, where it helps to monitor, manage, and save your fuel.
- You can save up to 11.22% on fuel expenses using the Vamosys fuel monitoring solution.
- You can avoid fuel theft.
- Avoid vehicle idling hours.
- Provides alert on any fuel impacted incidents like fuel fill, fuel drain, theft, etc.
- Provides an optimized route to travel.
- No more fuel contamination happens.
- You can get detailed reports on mileage and fuel consumption.
Using a fuel monitoring system in your fleet is a better option to monitor and manage all your fleet fuel consumption and helps you to save more fuel in a hurricane season.
Tip 2: Always Have A Backup Plan
Sometimes cyclones may hit you hard. It is always a good idea to have a backup plan for your fleet, mainly which is already on the road. Fleet operators must know the halt points or parking areas in the vehicle’s route on the trip.
By considering drivers and fleet safety, drivers can halt at any fleet stops or parking. It is safer for fleet and drivers if they switch off their vehicles in a serious cyclone season.
Is there a way to know every move and the status of your fleet in this hurricane season? Yes, Fleet telematics technology helps you with it. A fleet owner can get the real-time status of his vehicle from anywhere at any time.
- Telematics solution provides a better route to travel.
- Updates the real-time location data then and there.
- Provides you with a clear vision of vehicle malfunction and accidents.
- Also, the telematics solution has an emergency SOS option, which fleet will get alerts if drivers use it.
Tip 3: Consider both driver and fleet safety
Protect your assets, which are drivers, fleet, and cargo. It is really a tough job to protect your fleet in a cyclone season; we cannot say how the damage will happen to the feet. We can expect unexpected things like flooding, Strom, landslides, wind damage, etc. To escape from these damages, the only way is to park your vehicles with a group of vehicles in a safe place like parking areas, sheds, etc.; these are the places that have lower chances of getting damaged.
Post cyclones, you may face problems with parked vehicles like theft issues or any damages. Is there a way to save evidence of any damages to your vehicle?
Dashcams; one of the best solutions to capture your evidence and grow your business. These dashcams are video telematics technology that comes with small video cameras attached to the vehicle’s dashboard to capture a cabin view of the vehicle. Also, dashcams come with external cameras to capture the front, rear, cargo, etc.
- These cameras provide you with 24*7 live streaming of the vehicle.
- Dashcams start to record automatically once the ignition starts, or it starts to record if any heavy vibration like someone or something hitting the vehicle, glass breakage, etc., is felt in the vehicle.
- The recorded footage is transferred to the SD-card installed in the dashcam and transmits the data to the user end. Also, it helps you to store HD-quality videos in cloud storage.
- It has an emergency SOS option, which alerts the fleet operators if the button is used.
- Dashcam comes with an in-built GPS and R-232 port for connecting fuel level sensors, so no more external GPS device is needed.
- These dashcam recordings help you to claim your insurance.
- You can avoid theft activities with dashcams.
You can’t avoid business operations during cyclones, but you can tackle the obstacles on your way to completing your business operation with the help of telematics. However, first, let’s be prepared for this cyclone season by improving your operational structure with Vamosys.