The rapid rise in the infrastructure all over India arising from the larger cities develops the need for technical and technological advancements to make the progress sustainable. It doesn’t matter if, the range the driver has to drive is far or nearby. But, the way the he operates the vehicles makes the variation of being alive or dead for the people around, the driver himself and also the concern he drives for.
One such technological advancement brought in India was AIS-140 to have control over the Public and Private commercial vehicles. AIS-140 device was designed as per the regulations framed by ARAI and made enforcible by MoRTH.
Therefore, the need for monitoring driver behavior is necessary all the time. Monitoring the driver behavior is beneficial in many ways, as follows:
- It increases the efficiency of the fleet.
- Prolongs the vehicle life as the vehicle health is maintained at optimum.
- Lowers the wear and tear expenses.
- Minimizes the possibility of the accidents that occur due to malfunctioning of the vehicle.
- Route the transport operates can be pre-planned and scheduled accordingly by knowing the possible traffic.
How does AIS-40 help in monitoring Driver Behaviour?
With the device in use, the driver’s behavior can be monitored with the following flags.
- Accident analysis
- Actual trip and Extra trip log
- Adherence to the schedule
- Average speed
- Details of missed trip
- Distance travelled by the transport
- Driver wise improper stopping
- Excessive and harsh breaking patterns
- Green band driving
- Harsh and irregular acceleration
- Idling time (if done in excess)
- KMPL / mileage variation
- Over stopping without any justification
- Performance of the Driver
- Speed violation
- Stop skipping to make up for other wastages
AIS 140 devices have been incorporated in monitoring the driver behavior for the above mentioned reasons.
There are few more factors that have a vital influence over the driver behavior.
- Vehicle condition
- Driver’s Status
- Mental Health Condition
- Physical Health condition, etc,.
Though the device cannot observe the driver’s mind as such, the advanced technology facilitates to scrutinize and understand the driving pattern, with which the driver’s driving behavior can be analyzed and recommends the best driver performance.
Inappropriate driver behavior is the central cause of accidents. So consequently, a large number of companies, transport corporations, government, and also private concerns are putting in a lot of effort in executing good driver performance at all times. Several methods are used to monitor driver behavior on and off-road include real-time and non-real-time techniques.
AIS-140 device is not just a Government mandated one, but it’s also useful for monitoring driver behavior and analyzes with the data collected. To get the AIS-140 device, reach out VAMOSYS today.