Every Facts And Myth You Want To Know About Electric Vehicles
An American multinational company named Amazon announces, “electric delivery trucks will hit the road from 2021” in 2020; why?. Ola, a multinational ride-sharing company, launches the “EVs (electric vehicles) service” in London 2021; why? Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz announces that the production of electric vans will start from 2023 in the US; why?
Due to this COVID-19 crisis, the global automobile industry faced many impacts, mainly new vehicle registrations for 2019, 2020, which have been drastically down compared with previous years.
For example, let’s take India’s vehicle registration data.
|Year||Total Vehicle Registration in India||Electric Vehicle Registration in India|
But if we compare 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019, we can clearly say that the demand for Electric vehicles has risen even though the overall count of vehicle registration falls; why?
Do electric vehicles become more important than fuel vehicles in this environment?
Researchers say electric vehicles will have a huge potential and value in the global automotive industry over 2030. Also, they say India and China contribute a higher growth of electric vehicles in the commercial sector.
How do electric vehicles differ from fuel vehicles?
Besides fuel, electric vehicles use electric energy to run. Is that the only difference? No, EVs look the same as fuel vehicles but comparing external features, it doesn’t contain an exhaust tailpipe. Comparing internal features.
How does an electric vehicle engine work?
While comparing internal features, approximately EVs components are 70% different from fuel vehicles, but the working process of a vehicle is not going to change; they just use various components to run the vehicle.
Charger ----> battery ----> controllers ----> motors
Though electric vehicles don’t need any heavier components like fuel, fuel tank, exhaust system, etc., EVs are simple and more light to drive than fuel-powered vehicles.
What makes people buy electric vehicles more than fuel-powered vehicles?
- Zero toxic gas emission; reduces air pollution, global warming, and is friendly over the environment.
- EVs decrease the dependency on non-renewable resources.
- Since there are no heavier parts in EVs, they need less maintenance compared with fuel-powered vehicles.
- Lower operation cost.
- Though no heavier parts, easy to handle and drive.
- Also, EVs say no to gears.
- Tax credits to EV owners by Government; Ev owners can claim their interest paid on the electric vehicle under Section 80EEB in India.
These highly shiny seven reasons are enough to trigger people’s psychology to save money and focus more on electric vehicles. Here are nine reasons why some people don’t prefer electric vehicles;
Also, these are said to be myths revolving around electric vehicles.
- Charging stations becomes a significant problem in EVs as of now.
- Has a shorter range.
- Charging time is too long.
- EVs are not for high speed.
- Expensive than fuel-powered vehicles.
- It can bring high electricity bill.
- Fewer service centers for EVs as of now.
- Need frequent charge for long-distance.
- The battery needs to be replaced frequently.
After knowing the facts and myths of electric vehicles, you may think, are electric vehicles better than fuel-powered vehicles? Is it worth buying an electric vehicle? Will fuel-powered vehicles be replaced?
Many countries came forward to ban the new sales of petrol and diesel cars from 2025. This statement made many think about buying electric vehicles.
Factors to consider before getting an electric vehicle?
Plan and choose the right vehicle for your use. What are the factors you need to consider before buying an electric vehicle?
- How to tackle long-distance travel?
- Electric vehicles come with different batteries, motors, and specifications; choose according to your requirements.
- Battery plays a vital role in EVs, so choose a long-life battery.
- Consider battery capacity and specifications.
- Say no to batteries that take a long time to charge.
- Research more about charging stations.
- Plan your electric bill.
- EV requires proper maintenance to work efficiently.
- Think about the service stations.
- Choose your model wisely according to your region.
- Consider car insurance.
- Choose between electric or hybrid.
Quite confusing, right? What is the difference between electric and Hybrid? Hybrid vehicles are the combination of both internal combustion engines (ICE) and electric engines. Electric vehicles are available in different types.
What types of electric vehicles are there?
It runs purely on electricity by charging the batteries with a special charger cable for an electric vehicle.
Hybrid-electric relay mainly on fuel and also with battery, confusing, right? These vehicles charge their batteries with fuel in your vehicle, and we cannot plug into direct electric chargers or sources.
Plug-in hybrids these vehicles run on both electricity and fuel. If the battery’s power is over, you can easily switch to a fuel engine suitable for long-distance travel.
Figure out your need choose wisely according to them. Electric vehicles have a lot of good impacts on the environment compared with fuel-powered vehicles. But when it comes to buying a vehicle in 2021 or later, consider every factor mentioned above.